Over the past few years I have accumulated many health conscious recipes that do not include flour! Despite my undying love for pastries, pizzas and other divine treats, I have come to terms with the fact that they do not serve any nutritional purpose in my life. After my realization, I thought that I might never be able to indulge in doughy decadence again… until I discovered “guilt free” recipes!
I don’t think many people understand the steps by which flour is processed. The bleaching process does not only strip away the color of the flour in its natural state, but also involves chemical oxidation. To add to its mighty list of ‘cons,’ enriched flour consists mainly of simple carbohydrates and can cause a spike in your blood sugar levels.
These negative effects caused by enriched flour encouraged me to find other ways to indulge in the same kind of foods (pizza, desserts, etc.). Pinterest was a huge help on this mission. One night I stumbled upon a plethora of cauliflower recipes and found exactly what I had been searching for ~ cauliflower crust pizza! I will admit, the recipe that I chose does contain an excessive amount of cheese (but being a cheese lover goes hand-in-hand with being a pizza fanatic).
- 1 Cup cooked, riced Cauliflower
- 1 Cup shredded Mozzarella
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbs Oregano
- 1 Tbs Parsley
- 1 Tsp crushed Garlic
- Sauce of Choice
- (Any toppings – get creative!)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Spray a cookie sheet with a non-stick spray
- Beat the egg in a Medium sized bowl, then stir in the cauliflower and mozzarella
- Gently fold in the remaining ingredients
- Press the mix evenly onto cooking pan
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes
- Remove crust from the oven to add sauce and toppings
- Cook pizza an additional 5 minutes (or until texture desired)
Enjoy your creation!