Looking for a delicious and healthy
Autumn dessert recipe? Look no further!
Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
- 2 1/2 CUPS Pumpkin puree
- 1 CUP Cashews **soaked 3+ hours, drained & rinsed**
- 3/4 Cup Brown sugar
- 2 TBS Tapioca starch
- 2 TBS Blackstrap molasses
- 1 TSP Vanilla
- 1 TSP Cinnamon
- 1/2 TSP Dried ginger
- 1/4 TSP Nutmeg
- Pinch of Cloves
- 1/2 recipe of Vegan pie crust (see link below)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare one perfect vegan pie crust. Or have pre-made crust ready
- Roll the crust out to 1/4 inch thickness and line a greased and floured pie pan. Pinch edges decoratively.
- Blend all pie filling ingredients in a food processor till super smooth. The mixture should be quite thick, but if it’s too thick you can thin it with a tablespoon or two of water or non dairy milk.
- Spoon into the crust, smooth over, and bake until the edges of the crust are golden brown and the filling is dark (35 to 40 minutes).
Let cool before serving.
VEGAN / GLUTEN FREE PIE CRUST
Crust Recipe available here. You might also find pre-made vegan, gluten free pie crusts at your local markets.
(I.e. Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, or Sprouts Farmers Market)
Cashew Whipped Cream
- 1-1/2 CUPS Raw Cashews **soaked 3+ hours, drained & rinsed**
- 1/3 CUP Fresh Orange juice
- 6 Pitted Medjool Dates
- Filtered water
- In a medium bowl, place the cashews and dates, cover with filtered water, and set aside to soak for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Blend soaked cashews food processor, add orange juice, and process for 1-2 minutes to form a very smooth and creamy topping.
Serve with pies, tarts or on top of fresh fruit. Store in an airtight container.